Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Recent Field Sketches/ Studies from Wyoming trip

Welcome to my Blog!
OK, for my first post I'm putting up the sketches I did on my recent Wyoming trip. It was a lot of fun! Me and my wife spent the week with her parents and in the morning I was able to sneak out and do a few sketches while there.

"River Study" Oil 6" by 8"
First study I did, which was right by the camp we stayed at.


"Window through the Trees" Oil 11" by 14"
down the road from where we stayed. My attempt at a mountain view with some back lighting behind the trees.


"Mountain View" Oil 8" by 10"

"Over the Hills" Oil 9" by 12"
I did this one entirely with the brush at first and didn't like the way it was going so I scraped it away and then did it entirely with the palette knife.


"Pond Reflections" Oil 6" by 8"
First one I did when we arrived at the Tetons


"Mist over the Tetons" Oil 11" by 14"
I had to do a painting of the Tetons before we left. I think I'd be happier with this painting if it had a better composition. However it was fun being out and painting those beautiful mountains!

"Back Light Hills" Oil 8" by 10"
This is a piece I did when I returned home to Denver. The trip was a lot of fun and can't wait to visit again and maybe do more sketches now that I'm more familiar with the area.

Thanks for reading my new blog. I plan on posting all kinds of new work, new events, photos and features on other artists. Hope you sign up to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment